1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 carrots, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
1 tsp sea salt
4 cups water or stock
6-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
Fresh parsley to garnish
1. Heat oil in stock pot on medium heat
2. Place carrots, onion, ginger, and salt in the heated pot
3. Add water, bring to a boil, and cover with a lid.
4. Simmer on low heat for 25 minutes or until carrots soften.
5. Transfer soup into a blender or food processor, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency
6. Transfer to a soup bowl and garnish with fresh parsley